Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Work, work, work...

Been busy. I worked from the moment I got home on Friday all the way through Sunday afternoon. One of the people who report to me got 60 resumes to review in her email and I said…”Give me half.” Then I worked some more on the big Career Fair coming on Friday, the 27th.

We have 139 employers coming. Last year we had 205. Some registered, then cancelled as time went on. Today UPS cancelled. Shipping volume is down so much, they are not hiring. We are expecting many more candidates to show up than ever before. My secret wish is for 2,000 people to come. We seem to be stuck at about 1200 each year. Now, the word is out everywhere. Other fairs have been flooded with people, so we are preparing for the onslaught.

If you want to see a neat interview that a local TV station did yesterday, go here: http://www.wkyc.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=107959

I about fell through the floor when they gave us such a great plug.

I’ll let you know how it all turns out.

1 Comments:

At 2/25/2009 2:00 PM, Blogger Kim said...

Good luck with the job fair. I remember them as being long and exhausting, but usually rewarding. I must confess, I don't miss it much.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home