Thursday, September 22, 2005

5 Things

OK Jeff, here it is. You were right--I hadn't done one of these yet.

5 Things I Plan to Do Before I Die:

1. Go on more than one cruise every five years.
2 Get really good at sign language.
3. Celebrate 60 years with Kathy.
4. See grandson Max graduate from college (18 years to go!)
5. Sell this house and get a ranch (house, not cattle).

5 Things I Can Do:

1. Write fairly well sometimes.
2. Make Max smile.
3. Be creative in helping people with their job searches.
4. Whistle in but not out.
5. Put up with Jeff’s “not really funny and acclaimed satires of liberal lunacy”)

5 Things I Cannot Do:

1. Rest as long as there is someone out there upset with me.
2. Put up with Jeff’s “not really funny and acclaimed satires of liberal lunacy” (Uh oh, there goes number 1)
3. Dance.
4. See into the future.
5. Solve my children’s problems for them, as much as I’d like to.

5 Things that Attract Me to the Opposite Sex:

1. Boobs (sorry Ann)
2. Pretty eyes that know more than they tell
3. Their unconditional aptitude for kindness
4. Their limitless capacity for suffering (whether I caused it or not)
5. The way they light up an otherwise drab world

5 Things I Say Most Often:

1. Nothing—really—I don’t say a word.
2. Who’s goin’ walkies? (to Kodiak)
3. Just hit ‘refresh’.
4. OK
5. Let’s look at it this way…

5 Celebrity Crushes:

1. Colleen Dewhurst
2. Bonnie Raitt
3. Janis Joplin
4. Catherine Zeta-Jones
5. Mariska Hargitay

5 People I Want to Do This Next:

Can’t do it. I’ve done my part of the chain letter, but I can’t inflict this on anyone else.

5 Comments:

At 9/22/2005 11:25 PM, Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

I don't agree that you write fairly well, sorry.

Actually, you write very well, all the time! And I have no doubt you make Max smile. I'm so happy you didn't tag me, whewww! I got a little memed out last winter, and now I'm just blogged down in general.

 
At 9/23/2005 12:24 AM, Blogger Jeff H said...

Well, I was gonna be mad at you for first tolerating, then trashing my obviously superior creative genius and political wit, but you bought yourself a pass with the boobs comment.

As with Big White Hat, you've now earned yourself lifetime absolution from ever doing another meme tag.

 
At 9/23/2005 12:53 AM, Blogger Nettie said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 9/23/2005 12:54 AM, Blogger Nettie said...

You'd never done one of these? Geez, if I'd known that, I'd have tagged you all the time so you could have that quality experience. Good choice on Mariska Hargitay, BTW.

 
At 9/23/2005 9:27 PM, Blogger Career Guy said...

Darlene, thanks--let's start a Mutual Admiration Society. No, I wouldn't tag you--you're on a whole different plane than little old me.

Jeff, Whew! That was a close one. Thanks for the pass.

Nettie, is there something you're not telling us?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home