Thursday, October 20, 2005

Changed my profile

I am a little alarmed by how easy it is to find me, so I changed my profile by removing my real name. I now go by "Career Guy". I'm still me, just a little less visible. You see, I would not want co-workers to be reading this--not that I say anything weird about them, just that having them see it is a little too close for comfort. Other bloggers have had to "disappear" for a while and resurface as someone else. I hope this small change does it for me. Thanks for understanding.

3 Comments:

At 10/20/2005 12:22 PM, Blogger John Cowart said...

Does this mean we readers have to comment as "anonymous" from now on?

 
At 10/20/2005 12:54 PM, Blogger -Ann said...

Heh. I wondered how long it was going to take you to realise that your office-mates could read everything.

I've seen a lot of blogs recently that have a disclaimner at the start. Something along the lines of "If you know me in real life and I have not specifically invited you to read this blog, please do not read on as you might be offended."

Not that you would be offensive, of course.

 
At 10/20/2005 9:55 PM, Blogger Career Guy said...

I was inspired by a story in the paper about how employers are now googling people as part of their pre-hiring procedure. That's kind of scary.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home