Thursday, October 06, 2005

Who me?

Today I am being bad at work. Usually I do what I am supposed to do: show up on time, take my one hour lunch without coming back late, always leave on time and never shave a few minutes off the end of the day (much to Kathy’s chagrin, as she waits downstairs in the car for me). In short, I am a model employee. Sort of.

Today is different. I am being bad. A few weeks ago, a professor electrocuted himself and died. As a result, every single employee has to go to “Safety Training”. So here I sit, in an auditorium with hundreds of other people. Am I carefully listening to this guy’s lame jokes and boring exposition of the history of his particular state agency? Am I fascinated by his sparkling Powerpoint? Not exactly. I am blogging my way through this penance.

A few other people attended the “training” the other day, so I was forewarned. As I look around the room, though, I don’t see any other laptops lit up. I would do my office email, but for some reason, the Lotus Notes script won’ run, maybe because I am working wirelessly. I’ll have to find out about that.

This is a wonderful thing, though, wirelessness. Especially when you want to be bad at work.

6 Comments:

At 10/06/2005 10:15 PM, Blogger Stacey said...

I am sooooo excited you have been "turned" on without having to "plug in," esp. after sitting through that lecture know you will know the difference between electro-shock and shock-i-fried :)

 
At 10/07/2005 12:42 AM, Blogger Jeff H said...

"This is a wonderful thing, though, wirelessness."

Pinnochio would surely agree with you.

 
At 10/07/2005 7:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Technology is a wonderful thing, eh? I don't know what I'd do without my ever ready connectivity. It keeps me sane and entertained. Welcome to living on the edge! :-)

 
At 10/08/2005 11:49 AM, Blogger Career Guy said...

Stacey, how nice to see you back commenting.

Jeff, Oh, I get it. Everybody now: "I-I-I-I got no strings to hold me down, to make me frown ...da da da da...there are no strings on me!"

Jennifer, yes I guess it was pretty darn edgy of me!

 
At 10/08/2005 4:50 PM, Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

That is a funny thought, I can imagine you typing away in secret. Glad it's over.

 
At 10/08/2005 7:01 PM, Blogger Nettie said...

You make it soyund soooo appealing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home