Thursday, September 07, 2006

Shutting down

“Shut down all the garbage compactors on the detention level! Shut down all the garbage compactors on the detention level!” Luke hollered into his communicator, as R2D2 and C3PO sought to help their human companions. It’s one of our favorite lines from the first Star Wars movie.

Applied here, I am shutting down this blog. It all started on January 22, 2005. This is my 200th post, so I’m happy about that milestone. I may start up again some day, but for now, I’m closing up shop.

Thus, My Life’s Work goes the way of Mirty, Stacy, Sister Golden Hair, Darlene (though she can still be found contributing to a group blog) and some others who have dropped off the radar screen.

If it’s OK with them, I’ll still follow my favorites, including Rebecca’s Thoughts, Suburban Lesbian, Maybe Expectant, Rabid Fun, Of Marathons and Other High Intensity Endeavors, It’s not Exactly Pepperland, Shake It Like a Polaroid Picture, Nettie Rules, One of Six, thestafflounge, and a few others I’ve discovered along the way.

I’ve enjoyed getting to know you all over the past two years and sharing your lives a little. I’ve appreciated your comments on my blog and wish you all the best.

5 Comments:

At 9/08/2006 12:24 AM, Blogger John Cowart said...

Thanks. You will be missed.

When you start using MIORQZGWB for a word verification, it's time to quit!

 
At 9/08/2006 8:42 AM, Blogger Suzanne said...

Well. This saddens me.

Shut down if you must, but please don't be a stranger. :)

Suzanne

 
At 9/10/2006 2:01 AM, Blogger Rebecca said...

Ugh, that is so sad.......

 
At 10/05/2006 9:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We've come a long way since that first day I read "Career Guy" I thought hmmm...this guy seems nice but is it all going to be about work? Then along came Max and the wife and the dog and the daughter moving away and lets not forget the tree slamming into the house.

It has been anything but dull around here. I'll miss you if you're gone for good. I hope that you still pop in from time to time. I'm trying to set up a blog at darleneschacht.com, but this new blogger beta stuff is slowing me down. I'll probably post every once in a while over there. Take care!

 
At 11/03/2006 9:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't give up, just carry on...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home