Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Where I used to work

Darlene ("What would Jesus blog?" wwjblog.blogspot.com) commented on one of my posts, talking about how close we become to people with whom we work, but once we leave the job, they quickly become strangers. It made me think about how I once visited a place where I had worked for seven years. As I wandered around the different offices visiting people, I realized I was looking for something. Later I realized I had been looking for myself! I wasn't there anymore.

2 Comments:

At 2/02/2005 4:53 PM, Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

I used to work at ReMax. And before I left, I had this same conversation with a guy I worked with. At the time, I couldn't imagine ever feeling like an outsider.

It's been about nine years now. The boss is the same, but when I walk in the receptionist says, 'Can I help you?' Most of the faces have changed too. I walk around and look in the offices to see who is sitting around that I might know, but with each year the faces change and the memories fade away.

 
At 2/04/2005 3:58 PM, Blogger Nettie said...

I love the people at my job now, and I hate to think of that happening.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home