Friday, May 20, 2005

The dog certainly missed me

Every time I go on a trip, like the conference I attended this past week, something always goes wrong at home. The basement floods, there is a power outage—something that only happens when I’m gone, and Kathy is left alone to deal with it. This time it was the dog. The vet changed his medication and screwed up his system. He was fine when we were using his usual regimen, but once I was gone, he was pooping all over the house.

It was awful for Kathy. Kodiak filled one of his dog beds with watery poop and left little presents all over the house. She scrubbed it out so by the time I got home you couldn’t even tell anything had happened. Even she agreed that he missed me and that probably compounded the problem. I certainly got a huge greeting when I walked in the door tonight, as he was beside himself with joy. We immediately left for one of our mile walks and he loved it.

Just wanted to get this posted so everyone knows I’m back in the game. I’ll say more about the conference later.

How was everyone’s week?

4 Comments:

At 5/21/2005 2:04 AM, Blogger Rebecca said...

Well, you hae a brave wife - but then what choice did she have but to pick up bucket and scrub brush and get on with it!!!! Sort of like having children all over again!

 
At 5/25/2005 8:44 AM, Blogger Dallas said...

Glad you are back safe and sound. I know the feeling. I have a dog as well. Mind you he is a little one so the "poop" isn't so big.
Since my husband left my little one sits on the back of the couch every night waiting for his "daddy" to come home. I wonder how long he will do that. I feel sad for him as he doesn't know what is happening. No "poop" though - this time.

 
At 5/30/2005 2:44 AM, Blogger Stacey said...

Oh man...what a mess for your wife...guess you aren't going away anytime soon :)

 
At 7/08/2005 11:19 AM, Blogger Lyss said...

Poor Kathy. Poor dog. Is he old? I had a cat who lived to be 21. My mom went thru similar stuff.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home