Saturday, June 11, 2005

Not exactly the honors English reading list

My fellow bloggers have put me to shame this week. I just couldn’t get motivated to turn on my computer. Too busy reading. I think I did tell you that my plan is to sit outside every night until it’s too dark to see. If Stacey were blogging this summer, she’d say, buy a laptop and sit out there, but I’m too engrossed in my books.

I used to be sent to the barbershop downtown in our little suburb in New Jersey with about a dollar and quarter to get my haircut, and I would consistently miss my turn in the chair because I had my nose buried in a comic book.

So what am I reading this summer? Just the usual James Patterson, Sandra Brown, Jonathan Kellerman, Faye freakin’ Kellerman, John Grisham, Patricia Cornwell type of stuff. The only legitimate reading I’ve done so far is a book called “Lost in Tibet” by Starks and Murcutt. It’s about a group of American airmen whose plane crashed in the Himalayas in World War II and how they eventually made their way out of Tibet and into India.

Any Carl Hiaasen fans out there? Sometimes I think the first book you read by an author seems to be the best, and then the others are just following a formula, but “Skinny Dip” was pretty good.

So that’s where I’m headed—outside to read.

4 Comments:

At 6/13/2005 12:27 PM, Blogger Dallas said...

Hope you are enjoying your books and the great outdoors. I'd be out more if we didn't have rain every day.

 
At 6/13/2005 2:55 PM, Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

I hope you enjoyed your book on the weekend. I am having the same weather as Tink: rainy and depressing. As soon as it's nice, I'll be outside again too.

 
At 6/15/2005 2:53 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

I love Jonathan, but have never been tempted to pick up a book by his wife. Is that totally weird? Do you enjoy her as much?

Open Book

 
At 6/27/2005 2:27 AM, Blogger Rebecca said...

LEGITIMATE READING now that is a statement
I did not know there was such a thing
I think that is a sort of book snobbery language!!!!!!!!!!
I can be found reading children's books - if they are going to help me with my language study!
And my view is that whatever suits the moment and feeds the soul - well that is what makes anything legitimate

 

Post a Comment

<< Home