Saturday, March 21, 2009

Waking up

So I went back to work on Monday after a leisurely five days off with my “procedure”. I felt really logy, walking around in a fog. If I drove somewhere, I was surprised at how uncoordinated I was, and would hurry home before anything happened. I kept slogging along, and then finally, I woke up on Thursday morning in more ways than one. At last I felt like myself: rested, alive and ready to go. I realized that it was the long sleep under anesthesia the week before that had taken so long to wear off.

The doctor ordered no exercise for a week, so as soon as my sentence was up, I jumped in the pool at work and did my regular half mile. I was quite proud of myself. The exercise bike is seeing some action, and next week I’ll be back into my regular rhythm.

I’m sure you were all glued to the set on Friday night, following the Cleveland State University Vikings basketball team in the NCAA tournament. Ohio State (who?) was playing at the same time, but they had the CSU game on a different channel so we could see it without interruption. As I’ve always said, my favorite team is whoever is playing Ohio State—lowly Siena beat them in the first round. Not sure CSU will get past Arizona, but I’m glad they got this far.

2 Comments:

At 3/22/2009 2:45 AM, Blogger -Ann said...

Hey Dad, read about CSU - that's so exciting. The article said it's been since 1986. I vaguely remember that - didn't they have a guy then called Mouse McFadden?

 
At 3/28/2009 9:38 PM, Blogger Career Guy said...

Yes, they did, but the player himself actually hated that nickname.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home