Sunday, March 06, 2005

I Can't Drive 55!

Post my face wanted dead or alive
Take my license, all that jive
I can't drive 55!
(Apologies to Sammy Hagar) I can't be 55! But it's my birthday and so I am.

When you enter your birthday in your profile, Blogger translates it into the Chinese year and an astrological sign, but I don't believe in those philosophies as a Christian so I don't have mine posted.

I'm not sure what 55 is supposed to feel like, but I can tell you how I feel: terrific. Soon Kathy and I will celebrate our 34th wedding anniversary, which means we will be starting our 35th year. Our kids are all doing well, living their lives. Our grandson is the light of our lives. We both have jobs we love (though as soon as Kathy wins the lottery, there is a good chance she will retire).

God has blessed us with a wonderful family and full lives. He has seen us through all sorts of things: two open heart surgeries, a pacemaker implant and lots of visits to the emergency room in between. His grace is always sufficient, and we expect that it will always be so.

Today we went to 7:30 Mass and the Psalm was the 23rd, my late mom's favorite, so it was like she was saying 'Happy Birthday.' We also sang "Amazing Grace", one of our favorites and wonderfully appropriate. I spoke to all the kids today, both my sisters and my brother and my father, so I heard from everyone, so it was just about a perfect day.

7 Comments:

At 3/06/2005 8:13 PM, Blogger Jeff H said...

Congrats, John!!!

I'll turn 45 March 21. Since I truly believe life begins at 40, I'll be 5, and you just turned 15. So, you're half-way through your second adolescence. Hopefully, I'll pay more attention the second time through!!!

 
At 3/06/2005 10:33 PM, Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

I'm waiting for life to begin next month.

Happy Birthday! I hope you keep on 'clicking' for at least another 55 years.

 
At 3/07/2005 8:40 AM, Blogger Career Guy said...

Darlene,
Oh boy--110? I don't know if I'd wish for that. Maybe if Kathy stuck around that long...

 
At 3/07/2005 8:41 AM, Blogger Career Guy said...

Mirty,
Thanks!and thanks for checking in on my blog.

 
At 3/07/2005 8:39 PM, Blogger Stacey said...

Ohhhhhhh, here's the birthday post. I pray that this is your best year yet!!! May the Lord bless everything your hand touches this year!

It sounds like you do what I do many times, I look back and think, "Where would I be if it wern't for God's goodness in my life???" It makes me so thankful!!!

 
At 3/08/2005 5:40 PM, Blogger Dallas said...

Happy Birthday John. You sound truly blessed. Hope you have many more birthdays to celebrate. I am 13 years old and feeling about the same way I did the first time I went through it. Oh, those puberty years....now it's menopause years.... Hee Hee.

 
At 3/08/2005 8:23 PM, Blogger Lori said...

Happy Belated Birthday! Hope you enjoyed your special day, and many many more to come. God Bless.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home