Sunday, April 10, 2005

He must have come straight from Heaven

Max was over today for couple of hours, and we spent the whole time in the backyard. We pulled out the basketball outfit we bought him last year and realized it was time to raise it up to four feet. At first he didn't like it and said he wanted it lower. We explained that we couldn't do that, but that he should give it a try. Sure enough, he was able to get the ball up and into the basket. He spent the afternoon racing all over the driveway and backyard, tirelessly, as only a toddler can. I was right there after him, as he would come perilously close to tripping over the dog's leash, or the storm drain, or a shadow on the concrete. His laces came loose on one sneaker, so I stopped him so I could tie them up. As I bent over to fix them his sweet little voice said in my ear, "I love you, Da...you're my best friend!"

3 Comments:

At 4/10/2005 10:32 PM, Blogger Stacey said...

Oh the cherish of that moment...great post.

 
At 4/11/2005 8:30 PM, Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

Now I can see why being a Grandparent is one of the greatest joys in life. That was so special.

 
At 4/12/2005 11:00 PM, Blogger Jeff H said...

Great stuff, John. Bask in the grace.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home