Sunday, March 12, 2006

Little king

The other day Kodiak and I went walking with a purpose. There was a Max sighting at the playground a few blocks away, and we were determined to intercept him there. As we approached, he was there with his mom Jessica, standing atop a pile of construction dirt, sporting a little cowboy hat. When he saw us, he yelled hi and then said, “I’m king of the mountain!” I asked him if I could come up too, and he said sure and moved over to make space for me. Apparently he didn’t grasp the full nature of the game “King of the Mountain.” He was quite willing to share his domain. Isn’t that a great thing about kids? For the time being they are all about sharing. Competition will come later, but for now, it’s not part of their world view.

1 Comments:

At 3/13/2006 12:02 PM, Blogger Dallas said...

I think Max will let you be King of His mountains anytime. After all you are his Grandpa and Grandpa's are always the King to their grandsons.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home