Saturday, March 04, 2006

Where I've been.

The 27th Annual Spring Career Fair is history. It was months in the making—starting with employer invitations back in December, an intense marketing campaign to students, and now we’re done. We had 170 employers and around 1200 people through the doors. I am the manager for the event, so I am on my feet for the entire day, running from one crisis to the next. Consequently, I am tired.

Have you ever been so tired that you hallucinate? That if you sit down you know you won’t be able to get up again? That’s me. I haven’t been blogging lately because this event has consumed every minute of my time over the past week. It was all worth it, though, since everyone seemed to be happy. I got some nice compliments about how organized it all was, so my ability to turn on some obsessive compulsive traits paid off. It was probably the smoothest takeoff we ever had. Everyone was warned by email, snail mail and smoke signal to come early so they could secure a parking space. Throughout the morning there were small issues that were easily solved, praise God.

I can’t be trusted on the road tonight as in driving to get takeout, so Kathy volunteered to make matzo ball soup. Wonderful. Just right on this frigid evening. I’m almost too tired to eat, but not quite.

In other news, we started Lent this past Wednesday. Too often I’ve let it go by without really doing much in the way of spiritual growth. When we were kids, we had a spinner on a chart with various things you could do that day for Lent. The space on the chart that we all dreaded was “No T.V.” We could stand anything but that. If you hit it, you were bereft, as the other four kids watched “The Flintstones” or “The Wonderful World of Walt Disney” or whatever was on, and you had to go somewhere else in the house.

This year my pastor mentioned a book called “The Purpose Driven Life.” I’ve decided to give it a try. Forty chapters, one for each of the forty days of Lent. Just a few pages to get you going on a topic, and then a question to ponder. We’ll see how it goes.

1 Comments:

At 3/05/2006 4:53 PM, Blogger Katie said...

I *love* that spinner idea and I think we may start doing that in our house!

I'm trying to give up so much worrying and so much judgement. It's been hard so far. But I'm trying.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home