Monday, April 18, 2005

Ok, here's the plan

First of all, thanks to all who offered advice on how to handle the ring thing this coming weekend.

Ann, and WannaBeMom and Rebecca, I see what you mean, that doing it on the very day would appeal to my “J”.

Stacey, I like the way you think!

I hate to admit it, but Jeff might have something there, doing it at dinner, and Jennifer hit just the right note: suggesting sometime during dinner.

For me the whole thing would be the setting. If I waited until the following day, we’d be caught up in our Sunday routine of going to church, going grocery shopping. I suppose I could hide it in the frozen food section and have Kathy pull it out of the peas and corn in a kind of ‘celebrate the mundane’ of our lives sort of thing. But doing it at dinner, at a certain moment…that’s the ticket. I’ll have a little speech ready and the ring will magically appear.

I’ll let you know how it goes.

1 Comments:

At 4/18/2005 10:30 PM, Blogger Stacey said...

Ohhh...the agony of having to wait....I love to hate surprises.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home